Originally located at the top of the small pyramid overlooking the owner's grave, the pyramidion is an important part of the Egyptian funerary cult.
On the four engraved faces of it, we read prayers which must allow the deceased to share in the afterlife the fate of the sun, namely an eternal rebirth.
This pyramid comes from the tomb of an important figure of the Theban clergy during the XXIst dynasty, circa 1000 BC.
Reproduction in patinated resin
Height: 8 cm
Width: 7.5 cm
Depth: 7.5 cm
Weight: 300 g
Epoch: XXIst Dynasty, Second Thebanic Period
Museum: Paris - Louvre Museum